The first step in the Financial Aid Process is the completion of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is something each student must complete every Academic Year and it requires your tax information to complete the form. The FAFSA is to be completed online, on the secure government site

To complete your 2011-12 FAFSA, please follow these steps:

Step 1 Federal PIN Number

Each student needs to register for a four digit PIN Number. It is a number you create on your own and one you should always remember. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PIN NUMBER WITH ANYONE.

If you have never registered for your PIN number, please click here.

(*Please note: It takes 2-3 Business Days for a new PIN number to be considered Active.)

If you have previously applied for a PIN and cannot remember what it is, click here.

(*Please note: You will have to remember the Challenge Answer you previously set up. After three tries, your previous PIN will lock and you will have to apply for a new one.)

Step 2 FAFSA

1. The next step is to complete your 2011-12 FAFSA. You will need the following items to complete your FAFSA:

*2010 Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) - If married, you will need your joint return or both returns if you filed separately from your spouse; if you are dependent, you will also need your parent(s) tax return
(*Please note: If you do not have a copy of your 2010 Federal Tax Returns or W-2's, please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.)

*2010 W-2's.

*Any other important Financial Documents (Schedule C form in taxes, Unemployment statement, Social Security Statement, etc)

2. When you are ready to complete the FAFSA, go to

In Column 2, you want to click on "Fill out your FAFSA"

*Select the 2011-12 School Year

*The site will also ask you to create a Password (Separate from your PIN number)

*Chancellor University's Federal Title IV School Code is 003043

Step 3

Once your FAFSA is completed, a representative from the Financial Aid Department from Chancellor University will contact you and let you know if any further documentation is required.

(*Keep your Taxes and W-2's close by just in case we need a copy of them in the future.)

If you have any questions regarding your FAFSA, please contact the Chancellor University Financial Aid Department.
Got Questions? We have answers. Our Admissions Associates are available to chat with you live online, Monday through Friday from 9:00am EST to 7:00pm EST. Click this link to chat with an Admissions Associate.