How to Apply
The program accepts both graduate and undergraduate students. Admission is based on the student's university transcript, application, and English language knowledge.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent
- In good academic standing with CU/ home institution
To apply to a GICS Study Abroad program, you will need to submit the following materials. Please note that we will not review your application until we have received all of these materials.
Required Materials for Semester Programs:
8 Day Study
- $50.00 Application Fee
- Official or certified university transcript showing all university courses taken in the past with grades; include a list of courses in which you are currently enrolled.
- To download application and all other forms click here
If transcript is not in English, it must be accompanied by a certified translation
- Photocopy of your passport identification pages (those with your full legal name).
A Note for All Students: Upon acceptance, you will be required to submit a confidential medical form.
You should submit your electronic application on or before the admissions deadlines posted below. You are welcome to apply for admission as early as you would like and we will keep your application on file until we begin reviewing applications for the term you have indicated.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail on the notification deadline. Accepted students who intend to enroll must confirm their intention to participate by submitting
For new Chancellor University Students:
Please follow general university admissions procedures as outlined in the Chancellor catalog. Once a student is granted admittance into the university they are eligible to apply for Study Abroad.
For continuing Chancellor University Students
Please consult with your Academic Advisor about scheduling courses during your semester abroad.
For Transient Students:
Please work with your Academic Advisor to choose classes that will transfer back to your home institution.