phone: (216) 361-2767
toll free: 1(866)998-8828
The Information Services (IS) Department at Chancellor University exists to:
- Promote new uses of information technology and provide leadership for effective use of innovative technology to support the academic community.
- Provide an efficient and stable campus-wide network.
- Manage the information management systems to provide effective and stable resources.
- Develop a community that is adaptable and enthusiastic towards the use of technology.
- Support the integration of technology into the mission of the University through forward looking planning, development, and deployment of up-to-date resources to faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist the members of the Chancellor University community with access to the University's online resources.
Information Services provides computing services at Chancellor. Students have high speed Internet access on computers at the main campus and at the three learning centers.
Upon enrollment, each student is given a University email account that will remain with the student during their enrollment at Chancellor.
Communication of Policy
The assigned Chancellor email account is used for all official communication with students including, but not limited to, policy updates, notification of changes in University procedures, and general announcements. It is the student's responsibility to check this e-mail on a regular basis and be informed about published University policy.
Chancellor University Experience (CUE)
The Chancellor University Experience is Chancellor's web-based information portal for students, faculty, staff and alumni. Through CUE, students may view grades, unofficial transcripts, account balances, account history, and financial aid information, as well as view their schedules. For more information on accessing your CUE account, go tohttp://www.CUExperience.com.
When enrolling in an online course, the following system requirements are strongly recommended:
- A processor of 1.6 GHz or faster
- A current anti-virus application updated regularly
- 512 MB RAM or greater
- 40 GB hard drive or larger
- 56.6 kbps modem or high-speed Internet connection (high-speed broadband highly preferred)
- Monitor and video card with 1024x68 ppi or greater resolution
- Sound card with speakers
- CD ROM
- Inkjet or laser printer
- Chancellor email address (email account)
- Internet service provided (ISP) account
- Microsoft© Internet Explorer© version 6.0 or later
- Adobe© Reader© 7.0 or higher
- Flash© Player
- Microsoft© Office© XP, 2003, 2004, or 2007
Wireless access is available at the main campus for students with laptops.
Acceptable Use Policy
The University network and email systems are made available to staff, faculty, and students of the institution to facilitate their ability to communicate and complete their work assignments.
The University computers, network facilities, and other information technology resources are the property of the University. Information and resources available via the University network are assumed to be the sole possession of those individuals and organizations that own or hold rights to those assets, unless the owners or holders of the rights specifically state otherwise. It is unacceptable to access information or resources via the University network unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of rights to those resources and information.
Non-appropriate uses include, but are not restricted to, the following. It is not appropriate to use the information and communications resources of the institution for:
- Illegal purposes;
- To transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials
- To gain access to services and resources for purposes other than those intended by the University in granting access to those resources
- For personal profit or commercial purposes, including copying or modifying University-owned or licensed for information technology resources
- To interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or system resources
- To download and/or display pornographic materials
- To send messages to all or a large portion of the Global Address List. Email to the Global Address List requires prior permission of the Provost.
Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy may result in the immediate suspension of access to Chancellor's informational and communications resources. Violations of state and federal laws will be referred to the appropriate authorities.
Should students have a question about their login ID, password, or should they need a password reset, please contact Technical Support for assistance.
When contacting Technical Support, students will need to provide proof of identity, such as address, phone number, or birth date. Technical Support also assists with questions regarding CUE and Blackboard.
Monday-Friday: 8:00am-9:00 pm EST
Saturday: 8:00am-9:00pm EST
Sunday: Noon-9:00pm EST
Telephone: (216) 361-2767
Technology & Classroom Supplies Help Desk
Full-time, part-time faculty, and students can report any classroom technology and supplies issues to the following: Technical Support call us at 216-361-2767, 1-888-316-9377 Option 2, or emailtechsupport@ChancellorU.edu
If it is Classroom software, cartridge, toner, printer or other computer problem, please call Ext. 2767. If no answer, leave a voice mail. This number rings the Tech Support Department staff. Send an e-mail alert to x.techsupport@ChancellorU.edu
If it is a supply issue, obtain department number (for budget) and replenish from Faculty Services stock. This would include paper, erasers and markers.
Information Services personnel will make every effort to check all classrooms once per week on a consistent day (preferably in late afternoon) as a preventative measure.
Email Account Login Help
You will see a TWO-LINE dialog box -- USERNAME and PASSWORD. It is necessary to append "@ChancellorU.edu" to your username.
Example: John Doe's username field should read jdoe@ChancellorU.edu
If you are using WINDOWS 2000, WINDOWS 98 (any version) or WINDOWS 95:
You will see a THREE-LINE dialog box -- USERNAME, PASSWORD and DOMAIN. It is NOT necessary to append "@ChancellorU.edu" to your username, however you will have to specify the DOMAIN as ACADEMIC.
Example: John Doe's username field should read jdoe
and his domain is ACADEMIC
Storage Limit Warnings
As a result of the increasing burden that inflated and unattended mailboxes are placing on our mail servers, Chancellor University has imposed new storage limits on all student accounts. If you receive a warning that your mailbox is over the size limit, please begin to perform regular maintenance on your account. This includes deleting all of your unnecessary/unwanted deleted items, sent items and current inbox items. Please pay special attention to emails with attachments. One attachment may contain a great deal of information and might push your account over its set limit. Please save all attachments to external personal storage media and delete the email.
Storage limits are as follows:
175 MB -- You will receive regular warnings from the system administrator.
200 MB -- You will be prohibited from SENDING email from your student account.
If, after performing a sweeping cleanup on your account, you are still getting messages, please contact Technical Support at 216.361.2767, submit a ticket at http://support.chancelloru.edu/
, or email techsupport@ChancellorU.edu
for further assistance.
A Chancellor University email account is a privilege granted to members of the Chancellor U community by the University itself. Members of the Chancellor U community are expected to adhere to acceptable usage policies relating to accounts and systems. Any abuse or misuse of an individual email account, the public address book, public folders, or any other aspect of the Myers email system is strictly forbidden and will result in the forfeiture of the offending individual account.
Chancellor University reserves the right to define (and re-define) acceptable usage policies as needed and without notice.