International Student Support
The overall mission of the International Student Support Office is to educate, develop, and assist international students to successfully meet the challenges of the ever-changing global market.
I am a...
New International Online Student (Individuals that are not seeking a visa to enter the U.S.A.)
There are several items that you will need to complete and submit. If you have any questions about any of these steps, please call the Admissions Office at 888-316-9377 or email email@example.com. You can also utilize our chat feature to chat with an admissions advisor.
- Fill out an application and pay the fee.
- Plan for how you will finance your education.
- We offer payment plans for those who are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
- We also offer corporate tuition assistant payment plans for those individuals receiving corporate assistance from their company
- Submit your transcripts
- All official records and test scores must be submitted to Chancellor University in a sealed envelope directly from the institution. In addition, if your transcripts are from a country other than the United States of America, you will need to have them translated.
- English translations should include information such as the names of courses included, grades earned (on a 4.00 scale), credits awarded per course, and the cumulative GPA, degree earned, and documentation of graduation. If the institution in which you are transferring from is considered a medium - English speaking institution, this information should also be included in the translation.
- Chancellor University suggests the use of a NACES approved organization for translations. www.naces.org or www.ets.org.
- If English is not your primary language or your transcripts need to be translated, you will need to document English proficiency using one of the options below. Scores are applicable to both the graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- A minimum score of 520, Computer Base Test
(CBT) 200, Internet Based Test (IBT) 80 - Register for the online test here.
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- A minimum score of 190 is required for undergraduate admission. Students may also show English proficiency through local testing.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- If a degree was earned from an English speaking school (must be documented), then a TOEFL score may not be required. You may also be able to document English Proficiency by fulfilling an option below:
- If you have earned a degree from a US school (AA, AS, BA, BS, MS, PHD, etc.) you will not be required to submit documentation of English proficiency.
- If you transfer in a course equivalent to Chancellor University's EN 115, Written and Oral Communication I, you will not be required to submit documentation of English proficiency. In order to transfer a course to Chancellor, you must have earned a grade of C or better.
- If you are able to document that your previous institution is a medium - English speaking institution, you will not be required to submit documentation of English proficiency.
Current Online International Student
International Student Services (ISS) provides assistance to current online international students residing outside the United States without a F-1 and J-1 student visas. These online international students can enroll in online courses at Chancellor University.
- Current Online International Students must check in weekly with the International Student Academic and Career Advisor via a phone conference.
- Appointments: International Student Academic and Career Advisor's only take scheduled appointments.
- Please call 866-998-8828 OPTION 5.
- Current Online International Students residing outside the United States without an F-1 student visa can enroll in online courses.
- Undergraduates: Full time enrollment for undergraduate international students is defined as a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
- Graduate Students: Full time enrollment for graduate international students is defined as a minimum of 9 credit hours each semester.
Online Course Load Restrictions
- As an online international student who does not have an F-1 or visa you are allowed to take online courses.
- Normal course load and GPA restrictions apply to online international students.
- For questions please contact the International Student Academic and Career Advisor.
- All international students that are issued an F-1 student visa must obtain adequate health insurance throughout their tenure at Chancellor University.
Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 Students-(Under Construction)
- The International Admissions Office is located at Seven Hills, Ohio, in the Admissions Office.
- An admissions advisor is standing by to answer all your questions. They are available Monday through Friday 9 AM to 9 PM and on Saturday from 10 AM to 6 PM, EST.
- The International Student Support Office is located in Seven Hills, Ohio, in the Student Support Area.
- A Student Support Specialist is standing by to answer all your non-academic questions once you have begun classes. They are available Monday through Friday 9 AM to 7 PM and on Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM, EST. Feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-998-8828 for assistance.