Student Accessibility Services FAQ's

What is a Disability?

A "person with a disability" is anyone with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, such as caring for one's self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, and working. In addition to those people who have visible disabilities - persons who are blind, deaf, or use a wheelchair - the definition includes people with a whole range of invisible disabilities. These include psychological problems, learning disabilities, or some chronic health impairment such as epilepsy, cancer, cardiac problems, HIV/AIDS, and more. (Documentation of the disability is required.) A person is considered to be a person with disability if he/she has a disability, has a record of a disability, or is regarded as having a disability.

Do I have to disclose my Disability to Chancellor University?

You do NOT have to disclose your disability to anyone. It is your choice to do that or not. If you do not disclose your disability to Student Accessibility Services and do not sign up for services you will not be able to receive the accommodations that may be necessary to be successful.

Are there different admissions criteria for students with a disability?

NO. The admissions requirements are the same for all students. It is important to remember that your Application for Services through the Office of Student Accessibility Services is separate and not connected to your application or admission to Chancellor University.

Who is eligible?

In order to be eligible for services from SAS, a student must meet two criteria:
  • The student must be admitted and currently enrolled in classes at Chancellor University
  • Provide SAS with the proper qualifying documentation about the disability from a qualifying professional. (Please refer to the Student Accessibility Home Page for categories of qualifying disabilities)

When should a student with a Disability apply for Services?

A student with a documented disability should apply for Services immediately following their acceptance to the University. To ensure that accommodations are made a student must have all documentation in to the Office of Student Accessibility Services at least one-month before the start of the new term to allow enough time for services to be put in place.

How do I apply for services?

Students who want to apply for Disability Services can go to and on our front page look for Accessibility Services, on the left hand side, and click on that. You will then be directed to the Home Page for Student Accessibility Services and the packet that you must fill out is located here. Please make sure you fill out the packet correctly and provide the proper documentation to receive your services.

Is there a fee associated with applying and registering for Disability Services?

There is NO fee at all when applying and registering for Disability Services.

Will my Disability information be confidential?

Yes. All documentation of a disability will be known only to the Disability Services Coordinator and the student. All information is confidential as governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

For information and assistance please contact:

Student Accessibilities Service Coordinator
Chancellor University
3921 Chester Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio. 44114
Ph: 216-361-2752
Fx: 216-502-3337
Got Questions? We have answers. Our Admissions Associates are available to chat with you live online, Monday through Friday from 9:00am EST to 7:00pm EST. Click this link to chat with an Admissions Associate.